Learn to build GUIs for Python apps with Tkinter!
GUIs are an important element of software development. They not only make programs more accessible, but also create intuitive experiences that make your programs easier to work with. When it comes to Python, they also allow you to take your programs from simple scripts to fully-fledged interactive experiences.
In this course, you’ll focus on building GUIs with Tkinter: Python’s built-in, standard toolkit for developing user interfaces quickly and efficiently. Focusing on customizable widgets and event handlers, you’ll discover various ways to size, place, and add interactive UI elements while building a portfolio-worthy to-do list program.
By the end, you’ll have explored critical UI skills that can easily be applied to your next Python projects and expanded your skillsets to new heights!
This course assumes basic familiarity with Python.
You will learn how to:
- Import Tkinter into Python projects
- Create buttons, listboxes, labels, and more
- Configure and customize widgets
- Position and size GUI elements
- Structure a to-do list style application
- Integrate to-do list functionality with the GUI
… and more!