Reading Data from APIs with Python
Discover how to use Python to retrieve and parse data through the powerful tools provided by APIs.
- 1.4 Hours of Video
- Certificate of Completion
- Project Files
- Closed Captions
- On-demand, 24/7 access
- 1.4 hours of video
- Certificate of completion
- Project files and PDF notes
- Closed captions
Data from the real world is rarely presented in a way that is perfect for analysis – as such, knowing how to properly extract and clean data is therefore an integral skill for all data scientists. This course will walk you through how to use Python to retrieve and parse data through the powerful tools provided by APIs.
In this course, you will learn how to:
- Understand what APIs, JSON files and XML files are, and how to use them
- Make URL requests to retrieve data
- Retrieve, format and parse JSON data using the JSON library, and XML data using the BeautifulSoup library
- Write XML and JSON data to a CSV file
- Read XML and JSON data from a local file
😄 Join 500,000+ Learners and Developers
Trusted by a global community of developers, Zenva has provided world-class training on in-demand programming skills since 2012.
Join the ranks of our successful alumni who have gone on to publish games and apps, advance their careers and start companies.
Unlock Your Completion Certificate
By completing any of our courses you’ll be awarded with a certificate with URL verification. Boost your LinkedIn profile with your newly acquired skills and impress potential employers and customers.
- Basic knowledge of Python and Jupyter Notebook
- Have BeautifulSoup installed (just run pip install bs4 from terminal)
OR access ALL Zenva courses with our subscription.
$4.99 the first month, then $9.99 / month