Real-Time Server Communication with Socket.IO
- 1.9 Hours of Video
- Certificate of Completion
- Source Code
- Closed Captions
- On-demand, 24/7 access
- 1.9 hours of video
- Certificate of completion
- Source code and PDF notes
- Closed captions
You will learn how to:
- Alter an Express server to use Socket.IO connections and messages
- Set up a game manager to control game logic from the server
- Control how players spawn and despawn upon joining or disconnecting from the server
- Communicate player movement, attacking, and more across multiple game instances
- Spawn chests, monsters, and more using the server to sync changes
- Implement basic PVP mechanics
Frameworks and tools covered: Phaser 3.16.2, Web Server for Chrome 0.4.8, Socket.IO 2.2.0, Node.js 11.6.0, npm 6.5.0, Express 4.17.1, Postman, Nodemon 1.18.10, Body-Parser 1.19, Cookie-Parser 1.4.4, Passport.js 0.4.0, MongoDB Shell 4.0.10, Mongoose 5.5.15, Nodemailer 6.2.1, bCrypt 3.0.6, JSON Web Tokens 8.5.1, Webpack 4.36.1, Babel 7.5.0, ESLint 6.1.0, Docker 18.09.2, Docker Compose 1.23.3
😄 Join 500,000+ Learners and Developers
Trusted by a global community of developers, Zenva has provided world-class training on in-demand programming skills since 2012.
Join the ranks of our successful alumni who have gone on to publish games and apps, advance their careers and start companies.
Unlock Your Completion Certificate
By completing any of our courses you’ll be awarded with a certificate with URL verification. Boost your LinkedIn profile with your newly acquired skills and impress potential employers and customers.
- Knowledge with using Node.js, NPM, Phaser, Docker, Webpack, and Babel.