Real-time Strategy Project – Resource Gathering
Enhance your real-time strategy game projects by adding mechanics for resource gathering, unit spawning, camera controls, and more.
- 1.7 Hours of Video
- Certificate of Completion
- Project Files
- Closed Captions
- On-demand, 24/7 access
- 1.7 hours of video
- Certificate of completion
- Project files and PDF notes
- Closed captions
Learn to implement resource gathering in your real-time strategy game projects – all within the popular Unity engine. Building on an existing project with unit movement, you will learn to set up 3D model trees that can be actively harvested by units and used to control unit spawning. Not only will you gain vital skills in creating state machines, but also learn how to set up unit command scripts, cameras, and more to enhance your project’s gameplay.
You will learn how to:
- Set up camera controls so players can move around the map
- Implement objects that can be harvested for resources
- Create state machines to control when a unit is idle, harvesting, and more
- Transfer resources from objects to player
- Spawn new units from gathered materials
- Display resource information with a UI
😄 Join 500,000+ Learners and Developers
Trusted by a global community of developers, Zenva has provided world-class training on in-demand programming skills since 2012.
Join the ranks of our successful alumni who have gone on to publish games and apps, advance their careers and start companies.
Unlock Your Completion Certificate
By completing any of our courses you’ll be awarded with a certificate with URL verification. Boost your LinkedIn profile with your newly acquired skills and impress potential employers and customers.
- Basic understanding of Unity and C#
- We recommend that you complete Real-time Strategy Project - Unit Movement before taking this course.