Real-time Strategy Project – Unit Movement
Start your journey into real-time strategy game development in Unity by learning how to select, move, and coordinate units.
- 1.5 Hours of Video
- Certificate of Completion
- Project Files
- Closed Captions
- On-demand, 24/7 access
- 1.5 hours of video
- Certificate of completion
- Project files and PDF notes
- Closed captions
Learn to build real-time strategy games by starting with the foundations of unit movement in Unity. Through this course, you will be shown how to set up 3D models as units that can be selected and moved to various points clicked on a map. The techniques developed here can be scaled to any number of units, providing you with the necessary skills to expand to resource management, combat, and more for any strategy game sub-genre.
You will learn how to:
- Create easily clone-able units with 3D models
- Set up a NavMesh to determine applicable move locations
- Implement single-unit selection and movement
- Develop a box selection method to select multiple units
- Move units by clicking at points on the NavMesh
- Coordinate groups of units to move in sync with each other
😄 Join 500,000+ Learners and Developers
Trusted by a global community of developers, Zenva has provided world-class training on in-demand programming skills since 2012.
Join the ranks of our successful alumni who have gone on to publish games and apps, advance their careers and start companies.
Unlock Your Completion Certificate
By completing any of our courses you’ll be awarded with a certificate with URL verification. Boost your LinkedIn profile with your newly acquired skills and impress potential employers and customers.
- Basic understanding of Unity and C#.