Recurrent Neural Networks: Text Generation
Master Language Modeling – learn about RNNs and what problems they solve by building your own Movie Reviews Classifier and even write an algorithm that can write code!
This title is part of the Deep Learning Mini-Degree
One of the most active areas of research in the field of Artificial Intelligence is Language Modeling. From AI assistants like Google Assistant, Siri or Alexa, to machine translation and text generation, the field is vast and always changing.
In terms of architecture, Recurrent Neural Networks (RNNs) have proven to be one of the most successful. This course will help you understand why are RNNs efficient while building two of the most popular types of models – Generative Models and Discriminative Models.
What you’ll learn
- Learn about Embeddings – convert text to something that a computer can “understand” and process – learn about bag of words, one hot encoders, tuning your Vocabulary size – all with comprehensive examples
- Learn what what type of issues and limitations RNNs solve as opposed to traditional ANNs
- RNN Architecture and flavours – different architectures solve different issues
- Use Sampling to generate text – learn how it works
- Learn BPTT – Backpropagation through time – learn about computing weights and loss in a RNN
- Train your RNN using BPTT – write code that generates code
- Understand the problems with Vanilla RNNs – the Vanishing Gradient and Exploding Gradient problems
- What is an Long Short Term Memory Cell (LSTM), its architecture and how it solves the Vanishing Gradient Problem
- Learn about the Gated Recurrent Unit (GRU) – and its pros and cons compared to the LSTM Cell
- Apply what you learned and build a RNN that will classify Movie Reviews for you!
- Build a Text Generator RNN – it will write code for you once you train it on enough data!
RNN are still evolving. This course will give you a good introduction to the field, but remember – the sky’s the limit!
About the Deep Learning Mini-Degree
The Deep Learning Mini-Degree is an on-demand learning curriculum composed of 6 professional-grade courses geared towards teaching you how to solve real-world problems and build innovative projects using Machine Learning and Python. Learn and understand the fundamentals necessary to build the next generation of intelligent applications and software, with concepts and theory that can be applied across technology and frameworks.
Challenge yourself by joining this exciting project-based curriculum and gain the knowledge and abilities required to succeed in this brand new industry. No prior experience with AI or Machine Learning is necessary to join. However, basic to intermediate Python skills are assumed in all of the courses.
- Intermediate Python programming skills
- Familiarity with Artificial Neural Networks