Recurrent Neural Networks: Text Generation
Master Language Modeling – learn about RNNs and the problems they solve by building your own Movie Reviews Classifier!
This title is part of the Machine Learning Mini-Degree
One of the most active areas of research in the field of Artificial Intelligence is Language Modeling. From AI assistants like Google Assistant, Siri or Alexa, to machine translation and text generation, this field is filled filled with innovation and opportunities. Language Modeling is powered by Recurrent Neural Networks (RNNs), and this course will not only teach you to understand what they are and why they are so efficient, but to two of the most popular types of models – Generative and Discriminative.
You’ll learn all about:
- Embeddings (including bag of words, one hot encoders, and tuning your Vocabulary size)
- Using Sampling to generate text
- Training your RNNs using Backpropagation through time (BPTT) to write code that generates code
- Problems with Vanilla RNNs (Vanishing Gradient and Exploding Gradient)
- Solving the Vanishing Gradient Problem using Long Short Term Memory Cells (LSTM)
- Gated Recurrent Units (GRU) – the pros and cons versus the LSTM Cell
Once you’ve mastered these concepts, you will go on to build two RNNs – you’ll begin with one which classifies Movie Reviews for you, before creating your own Text Generator RNN, which – if you train it with enough data – will even write code for you!
About the Machine Learning Mini-Degree
The Machine Learning Mini-Degree is an on-demand learning curriculum composed of 6 professional-grade courses geared towards teaching you how to solve real-world problems and build innovative projects using Machine Learning and Python. Learn and understand the fundamentals necessary to build the next generation of intelligent applications and software, with concepts and theory that can be applied across technology and frameworks.
Challenge yourself by joining this exciting project-based curriculum and gain the knowledge and abilities required to succeed in this brand new industry. No prior experience with AI or Machine Learning is necessary to join. However, basic to intermediate Python skills are assumed in all of the courses.
- Intermediate Python programming skills
- Familiarity with Artificial Neural Networks