This course has been deprecated and is no longer supported. For our latest courses on responsive web design, check out the Full-Stack Web Development Mini-Degree
Advance your skills in responsive web design by developing a portfolio of three responsive websites using HTML and CSS.
With users frequently switching between desktops, phones, and tablets, ensuring that your website maintains a professional look across different devices and platforms is essential. This 3-hour course will give you the skills to publish websites that look beautiful, both on front-end and back-end user interfaces. Whether you are looking to create your own website, or enhance your employability as a software developer, this course will provide a step-by-step guide to building responsive websites.
This course provides a comprehensive approach by tackling three projects:
- Personal Portfolio Website
- Responsive Forms and Surveys
What you will learn in this course:
- How to create websites that respond to the user’s screen size and platform
- Understand the difference between front-end and back-end pages
- Create profile pages featuring profile photos, work, and skills using CSS flex
- Integrate a contact form into the website using Google Forms
- Incorporate widgets, data, and company metrics into a back-end dashboard using a CSS grid
- Add HTML5 semantic form fields (i.e. “number”, “date”, etc.) and validation attributes (i.e. “required”, “min”, “max”, etc.)
Mario Macari has spent more than ten years as a front end engineer. He is also an award-winning artist and specializes in interactive content.
He has worked on projects for companies like Disney, Apple, Microsoft and DC Comics. He currently teaches at local colleges as an adjunct professor and produces on-line courses.