RPG Development – Quest System
Create sleek Questing Systems that can easily be dropped into any 2D or 3D RPG project.
- 1.7 Hours of Video
- Certificate of Completion
- Project Files
- Closed Captions
- On-demand, 24/7 access
- 1.7 hours of video
- Certificate of completion
- Project files and PDF notes
- Closed captions
In RPGs, a great Questing System is essential – it provides a sense of purpose for your players, keeping them engaged and eager to come back for more! This course shows you how to build a simple Questing System which can easily be inserted into any 2D or 3D RPG project.
You will gain a fundamental understanding of how Quests are defined by Goals, and how they are set by a Quest Giver – an NPC or item which assigns the quest to the player. By using solid, object-oriented principles, you will design a system that puts this knowledge into practice and manages quests with ease.
Through his course, you will:
- Set up a Quest Database, allowing users to keep track of Quests that they’ve made progress on or completed
- Implement an Event Controller, ensuring that events within game (for example, finding treasure, or killing enemies) can be registered as quest progress
- Set Rewards for quest completion, which can be linked to your Inventory and Crafting System
- Add UI design and scripts to your Quest System that will streamline your players’ experiences
😄 Join 500,000+ Learners and Developers
Trusted by a global community of developers, Zenva has provided world-class training on in-demand programming skills since 2012.
Join the ranks of our successful alumni who have gone on to publish games and apps, advance their careers and start companies.
Unlock Your Completion Certificate
By completing any of our courses you’ll be awarded with a certificate with URL verification. Boost your LinkedIn profile with your newly acquired skills and impress potential employers and customers.
- Intermediate Unity skills
OR access ALL Zenva courses with our subscription.
$4.99 the first month, then $9.99 / month