Any IT professional or casual developer anticipating a solid understanding of how Git and GitHub work in open-sourced and private development projects needs to go through this course and absorb all of its contents. Anyone desiring to learn how Git and GitHub are designed, administered, and used needs the knowledge and practice presented in this course. This not only includes web, mobile, and service application developers, but also architects, UI designers, testers, and administrators. This course provides a solid understanding of how to effectively participate in a project manage with Git and/or GitHub.
Who is the target audience?
- This course was built for software developers who need to understand how to use source code management systems, Git in particular.
- This course is designed for those developers who need to learn Git and the use of GitHub to be able to effectively participate on a team-based project that is managed with Git.
- Of course, the info presented here is just as valuable for architects, testers, and product managers as they too should understand how Git and GitHub are designed and used in a software development environment.
- Learn Git’s easy to follow workflow to properly manage code
What Will I Learn?
- Learn the world’s most popular code repository.. Git!
- Learn to use GitHub to host public code repositories
- Understand the most commonly used Git commands
- Use GitHub’s amazing repository management utilites
- Branch and Merge code like a pro!
- Understand how to use a Git repo on your local machine
- Use Pull Requests to initiate a code review
- Learn how to participate in an open-sourced project on GitHub
- Discover the benefits of a rich GitHub repository collection
- Understand what Git and GitHub are, and how they can make you a significantly better developer … and much, much more!