Testing and Debugging in Unity
Learn what Unit Testing is and how it can help you in your game development cycle!
This title is part of the Game Development Mini-Degree – Build 2D, 3D, Mobile, Virtual Reality, and Augmented Reality Games
Ever had that one bug that it’s difficult to reproduce and you’d want to skip the trouble and get straight to the source? That’s where Unit Testing comes into play! This course is here to teach you how to test your code and divide it into smart and easy to debug units, helping you spend less time debugging and more time fixing!
What you’ll learn
- Learn to use Test Runner to run your tests
- Learn to what a unit is and create one based on the methods you’d like to test
- Learn to test specific and/or hard to reproduce behavior
- Learn what “Asserting” is and how you can use it in your tests
- Increase your code’s longevity and readability
- Easily make sure that the new functionality you just added doesn’t break any existing logic
- Catch and test edge cases to make sure every aspect has been thought through
- Learn about TDD – Test Driven Development and when to use it
- Learn simple debugging techniques that will make your life easier and save you valuable time
About the Game Development Mini-Degree
The Game Development Mini-Degree is the most extensive assortment of courses dedicated to shaping you into a master of various fields in game development. Whether you’re a novice, or an adept game developer, this Mini-Degree is what you need to learn the latest in game development. You’ll pick up a whole slew of new technologies ranging from 2D, 3D, Mobile, and Web-based games, to Augmented and Virtual Reality projects. Enroll in the greatest game development bundle this side of the galaxy today.
Basic to intermediate knowledge of C# and Unity