The course is completely project based, and we are going to create full featured games from scratch using LibGDX framework. We will start with simple things so you will be comfortable if you are using LibGdx for the first time.
We are going to start with a simple game that I call Jack The Giant. In this game we are going to help Jack climb down the beanstalk, along the way we can jump on white clouds but we need to avoid dark clouds. Besides of creating our gameplay we are going to create menus, implement background music, and much much more.
The next game that we are going to create is Flappy Bird, and I know what you are thinking oh not another Flappy Bird clone, but this is not a regular Flappy Bird clone, oh no, I’ve added a lot of features that you can’t find in any other flappy bird clone such as selecting a bird(choose between different flappy birds), and many other features that you will see inside of the course.
Using what you obtain in this course, you will be equipped with more than enough knowledge in order to continue improving yourself in the field of game development, using LibGDX or any other game engine.
What am I going to get from this course?
- Use Java To Solve Complicated Programming Problems
- Understand OOP Concepts
- Understand How LibGDX Works
- Understand How Box2D Works
- Create Menus In LibGDX
- Play Music In Your Game
- Animate Sprites
- Use LibGDX Actions To Program Advanced Game Behavior
- Create A Character Select System
- Understand How Physics Engines Work Under The Hub
- Save Data Using LibGDX Preferences
- Save Data Using Encryption
What is the target audience?
- Complete Beginners
- Anyone Who Wants To Learn Game Development