The Complete Procedural Terrain Generation Course
Increase your efficiency by using procedural terrain generation in Unity to algorithmically determine shape, biomes, and other attributes for varied maps.
- 3.6 Hours of Video
- Certificate of Completion
- Source Code
- Closed Captions
- On-demand, 24/7 access
- 3.6 hours of video
- Certificate of completion
- Source code and PDF notes
- Closed captions
Learn the foundations of how to procedurally generate terrain by setting up your own algorithms within Unity. Beginning with a simple plane mesh, you’ll then learn how to algorithmically generate a terrain’s shape with C#, and how to determine textures, biomes, how trees spawn, and more. Additionally, you’ll master how to apply these skills to any map size while accounting for performance, allowing you to implement procedural generation in numerous game projects, increasing their replayability.
You will learn how to:
- Generate noise maps to determine the shape of the terrain
- Utilize noise maps as height maps to produce terrain
- Apply gradient textures to a mesh based on terrain shape
- Set up heat maps and moisture maps based on the terrain height
- Combine various data elements to algorithmically determine biomes
- Use biome types to determine how trees spawn
Learn with Certified Instructors
This curriculum has been designed by a Unity Certified Instructor, in collaboration with Unity Certified Programmers, who have been recognized by Unity Technologies for their demonstrated excellence in Unity skills and teaching.
As an Authorized Learning Partner, Zenva's courses satisfy the highest standards in terms of both quality and relevancy.
Frameworks and tools covered: Unity 2019.3
😄 Join 500,000+ Learners and Developers
Trusted by a global community of developers, Zenva has provided world-class training on in-demand programming skills since 2012.
Join the ranks of our successful alumni who have gone on to publish games and apps, advance their careers and start companies.
Unlock Your Completion Certificate
By completing any of our courses you’ll be awarded with a certificate with URL verification. Boost your LinkedIn profile with your newly acquired skills and impress potential employers and customers.
- Basic understanding of Unity and C#.