Welcome to The Ultimate Beginner’s Guide to Django. If you’re brand new to Django, or have gotten lost in online tutorials, this is the course for you. I’ll take you from absolute beginner to creating 3 complete Django websites. We’ll also cover how to publish your sites.
This course starts with a Python Refresher. Django is a web framework written in Python. If you’re new to Python, or just a bit rusty, this section will get you up to speed as quickly as possible. You don’t need to be a Python expert to make Django website but a base knowledge is needed. In the Python Refresher, I’ll teach you a new concept, show you some examples, then present you with an interactive coding challenge to make sure you’ve understood.
The 3 website we’ll make are as follows:
- Pig Latin Translator – A simple two page website that turns any text into Pig Latin! Creating this website will teach you the fundamentals of Django.
- Your Personal Blog – Don’t use WordPress or Tumblr to share your thoughts, make your own blog! This website will teach you how to work with a database and data models. We’ll also cover how to work with both static and user uploaded images!
- Reddit Clone – This is the most advanced and complicated website we’ll make in the course. With a big focus on creating user accounts and authentication, this website will teach you the more advanced topics in the course.
Also included in the course is a section showing you how to deploy your blog to a server and publish it for the world to see! I’ll take you step by step through working with a Ubuntu Linux server that will run your Django code 24/7.
What are the key topics covered in this course?
- URL Dispatching
- Function and Class Based Views (FBV v. CBV)
- How to start a new project
- How to create apps within a project and why they’re important
- Running your project in a virtual environment using Virtualenv
- Publishing your site on a VPS (Virtual Private Server) running Ubuntu Linux
- Working with templates
- Handling GET and POST requests
- Working with a Database and Models
- Admin Interface
- Static and user uploaded images
- Authentication and User accounts
What am I going to get from this course?
Create Django websites that work with a database.
Publish a website on the internet.
Understand Django basics. Function and Class Based Views, URL routing, Models, Gunicorn and much more!
Who is the target audience?
This course is for people wanting to learn the basics of Django.