Platformer games have long been one of the most popular game styles, and this popularity only continues to grow. This course will help you to create a classic arcade-inspired game, based on the greatest platformer of all time. This step-by-step course will walk you through building a multi-level 2D game that has the player character collect coins and defeat enemies – all while trying to top their high score.
You will learn how to:
- Create a tile palette and a tilemap
- Set up the player character – controller, health, lives, and re-spawning
- Work with enemies – spawning, movement, collision, and health
- Implement and trigger different levels
- Save and load a game in progress
- Display scores, lives, and high score UI text