Get the skills you need to prepare for the official Unity Associate Programmer Certification!
Unity Certification is one of the few industry-recognized certifications for game development. It proves that you have the core competencies needed in developing with Unity, and can give job-seekers a competitive edge in the video game marketplace.
Unity is one of the most popular engines – it powers half of the world’s games, and has capabilities for 2D, 3D, AR, and VR, has been adopted in a wide range of non-game industries, including architecture, film and animation, automotive, education, healthcare, and engineering.
The Unity Associate Programmer Certification Pathway
The Unity Associate Programmer Certification Pathway is a robust collection of courses aimed at helping you prepare for the required examination. You’ll explore various aspects of 2D and 3D games, with a focus on C# programming, UIs, asset management, and debugging.
You’ll learn by creating real projects, including:
With a practice exam questionnaire at the end, you’ll be ready to take on anything – whether that’s the exam or simply making more complex Unity projects!
ALL OFFICIAL EXAM OUTCOMES ARE COVERED
- Evaluate code for integration into an existing system created/architected by a lead.
- Make decisions required to prototype new concepts.
- Determine code that would accomplish a specified interaction or programming logic.
- Decide how to implement scene management and transitions.
- Apply basic data persistence within a runtime session.
- Given a situation, determine proper usage and application of the Unity API.
- Decide the appropriate properties, scripts, and components of GameObjects for required tasks.
- Apply concepts required to write code with basic inheritance and interfaces.
- Choose the appropriate data structures for a specific situation.
- Choose the appropriate data types for a specific situation.
- Identify the steps required to deploy a basic build.
- Troubleshoot code that fails to perform as expected.
- Troubleshoot common compilation bugs.
- Troubleshoot runtime exceptions.
- Determine techniques required to refactor and improve code.
- Determine techniques required to profile and debug trivial performance issues.
- Apply concepts required to lay out a user interface.
- Identify the process required to bind data on the UI to application data.
- Decide how to capture and respond to UI input using the Event System.
- Decide how to create the menu flow in an application state.
- Identify the process required to create a prefab from art and code.
- Identify properties of nested prefabs and prefab variants.
- Identify the primary purposes of version control when working with Unity.
Please note that Unity Certification exams need to be booked directly on the Unity website.
Your Unity Portfolio
Create a portfolio of Unity games and projects, including:
WHO CAN TAKE THESE COURSES?
We start with the absolute basics and go through everything step-by-step – so even if you have zero experience in programming, you’ll be able to easily follow along. Unity also uses C# – an easy-to-learn programming language – and features an intuitive interface, making it a great choice for building your games with.
More experienced? Whether you’re wanting to expand your skills or round out your core abilities, our courses are structured in a way that makes it easy to skip ahead to the lessons that are relevant and interesting to you.
UNDERSTAND THE CONCEPTS BEHIND UNITY PROGRAMMING
These courses don’t just cover surface-level content. You’ll gain a solid understanding of the concepts behind coding and assets management – that way, you’ll more easily be able to apply them to making unique games of your very own in addition to passing the exam!
REINFORCE YOUR LEARNING WITH CHALLENGES
By practicing your new skills, you’re more likely to remember them later. That’s why our courses feature quick challenges – they’re the perfect way to cement what you’ve learned.
COURSES BY THE WORLD’S BEST
Our course instructors aren’t just fun to learn from – they’re also serious gamers, qualified coders, and have been formally certified by Unity Technologies and CompTIA for their excellent programming and teaching skills. That way, you can be confident that you’re developing strong, modern skills that will set you up for success as a game developer.
As a Unity Authorized Learning Partner, our courses are confirmed as being of the highest quality, and as being relevant in today’s industry.