Unity Game Development – Build a First Person Shooter
Master Unity by building your version of Doom or Call of Duty
Have you ever wanted to create your own version of Doom, Call of Duty or Half-Life?
Join us in this new course and have lots of fun building a first-person shooter game with Unity!
This course is project-based and covers all the main elements of games of this genre. After completing this course, you will have all the tools needed to program amazing games. These are some of the important skills you’ll be acquiring:
- Implement and customize a production-ready First Person player controller.
- FPS game mechanics: shooting, killing enemies, collision detection.
- Save memory and CPU by implementing a reusable pool of objects.
- Survive by finding health kits and ammo for you gun.
- Enemy path finding AI using Nav Mesh.
- Integrate external models and audio files.
- Game workflow: Main menu, resetting game, game over and victory screens.
Please note that this course assumes basic familiarity with the Unity engine and C#. It might not be suitable (for the time being!) on it’s own for those with zero knowledge of Unity.
This unique course has been authored by Glauco Pires, game programmer and trainer at Mammoth Interactive, in collaboration with Pablo Farias Navarro, founder of ZENVA.
About the Unity Game Development Mini-Degree
The Unity Game Development Mini-Degree is the most extensive assortment of courses dedicated to shaping you into a master of various fields in game development. Whether you’re a novice, or an adept game developer, this Mini-Degree is what you need to learn the latest in game development. You’ll pick up a whole slew of new technologies ranging from 2D, 3D, Mobile, and Web-based games, to Augmented and Virtual Reality projects. Enroll in the greatest game development bundle this side of the galaxy today.
Basic familiarity with the Unity engine and C# is required to take this course.