In this course, we cover the creation of an infinite runner in VR where the player has to jump in “reality” in order to jump in virtual reality! The mechanic of this game is that of an infinite runner, where new environmental objects and platforms are created during gameplay. The player has to jump over ditches full of water while running in a low-poly world. The game is also adapted to headsets with no position tracking such as the Google Cardboard.
- Creating a unique and completely original game mechanic using position tracking in VR
- Implementing infinite runner game mechanics
- Detecting jump in VR
- Using object spawners with pooling techniques to keep the game efficient
- Make distant objects disappear
- Using images to represent distant geometry for efficiency
Unity Certified Experts
This curriculum has been designed by instructors who have been certified by Unity Technologies and CompTIA in recognition of their programming excellence.
As a Unity Authorized Learning Partner, Zenva’s courses satisfy the highest standards in terms of both quality and relevancy.