This title is part of the Virtual Reality Mini-Degree – Build VR Games and Experiences with Unity
In this course, we cover the creation of an infinite runner in VR where the player has to jump in “reality” in order to jump in virtual reality! The mechanic of this game is that of an infinite runner, where new environmental objects and platforms are created during gameplay. The player has to jump over ditches full of water while running in a low-poly world. The game is also adapted to headsets with no position tracking such as the Google Cardboard.
- Creating a unique and completely original game mechanic using position tracking in VR
- Implementing infinite runner game mechanics
- Detecting jump in VR
- Using object spawners with pooling techniques to keep the game efficient
- Make distant objects disappear
- Using images to represent distant geometry for efficiency
About the Virtual Reality Mini-Degree
The VR Mini-Degree is the world’s most comprehensive training on VR game development, where you will learn and master the foundations of C#, Unity and VR by building practical projects. Whether your goal is to make VR games for fun, do a startup in this exciting field, or become a professional Unity development, this training series contains everything you need to reach your goals.
Learn more and enroll HERE