This title is part of the Virtual Reality Mini-Degree – Build VR Games and Experiences with Unity
In this course we’ll adapt the platformer game we built when learning the basics of Unity into VR. This will introduce several challenges we’ll have to solve, such as modifying the home and game over screens so that they are suitable for VR. The player mechanics and HUD will be modified. Also, we’ll cover how to map buttons in an external gamepad (we’ll use the Xbox 360 controller, but the skills are applicable to any gamepad), and how to manually trigger events in the Unity VR Standard Assets.
- Adapting an existing 3D platformer game to VR
- Adaptation of UI screens and HUD
- Changes to the platformer mechanics and “cursor key” type of movement
- Mapping buttons for the Xbox 360 controller and other gamepads
- Manually triggering events in the VR Input class so that we can utilize it with any external device (making our games and your skills future-proof)
About the Virtual Reality Mini-Degree
The VR Mini-Degree is the world’s most comprehensive training on VR game development, where you will learn and master the foundations of C#, Unity and VR by building practical projects. Whether your goal is to make VR games for fun, do a startup in this exciting field, or become a professional Unity development, this training series contains everything you need to reach your goals.
Learn more and enroll HERE