VR Projects – Third-Person Platformer Game
Learn to adapt the game mechanics of an existing 3D game into virtual reality
- 0.8 Hours of Video
- Certificate of Completion
- Source Code
- Closed Captions
- On-demand, 24/7 access
- 0.8 hours of video
- Certificate of completion
- Source code and PDF notes
- Closed captions
In this course we’ll adapt the platformer game we built when learning the basics of Unity into VR. This will introduce several challenges we’ll have to solve, such as modifying the home and game over screens so that they are suitable for VR. The player mechanics and HUD will be modified. Also, we’ll cover how to map buttons in an external gamepad (we’ll use the Xbox 360 controller, but the skills are applicable to any gamepad), and how to manually trigger events in the Unity VR Standard Assets.
- Adapting an existing 3D platformer game to VR
- Adaptation of UI screens and HUD
- Changes to the platformer mechanics and “cursor key” type of movement
- Mapping buttons for the Xbox 360 controller and other gamepads
- Manually triggering events in the VR Input class so that we can utilize it with any external device (making our games and your skills future-proof)
Learn with fully authorized courses
This curriculum has been extensively reviewed and authorized by Unity Technologies, the company behind the Unity Engine.
As an Authorized Learning Partner, our approved Unity courses satisfy the highest standards in terms of both quality and relevancy.
Frameworks and tools covered: Unity 5.6
😄 Join 500,000+ Learners and Developers
Trusted by a global community of developers, Zenva has provided world-class training on in-demand programming skills since 2012.
Join the ranks of our successful alumni who have gone on to publish games and apps, advance their careers and start companies.
Unlock Your Completion Certificate
By completing any of our courses you’ll be awarded with a certificate with URL verification. Boost your LinkedIn profile with your newly acquired skills and impress potential employers and customers.
This course assumes familiarity with Unity, C# and the Unity VR Standard Assets package.
It is recommended to take this course as part of the Virtual Reality Mini-Degree, which includes covers the creation of VR games and experiences with Unity for all platforms.
OR access ALL Zenva courses with our subscription.
- Access all 200+ courses
- New courses added monthly
- Cancel anytime
- Certificates of completion