Master texturing in Blender by learning how to use UV maps!
UV mapping – a process by which you “unwrap” a 3D model into a flat surface – offers creators an easy way to paint complex textures and apply them to 3D models. Given its importance, the process has also become an industry required skill expected of any aspiring 3D modeler.
Working in the popular Blender software, you’ll explore creating and applying UV maps to primitive objects, as well as complex objects like a bottle, which require further mesh setup. You’ll also develop skills for adjusting your maps to suit your material’s needs.
Regardless of the sort of model you’re making, skills in UV mapping will provide you with key skills to customize your 3D graphics to your exact specifications and allow you to go beyond flat colors for your textures.
This course assumes basic familiarity with Blender.
You will learn how to:
- Apply textures to an object
- Create UV maps for primitive shapes
- Build models suitable for UV mapping
- Combine techniques to unwrap complex objects
- Export UV maps for 2D graphic’s software
- Paint textures onto a flattened UV map