Version Control with Git and Github
Discover Git – the powerful version control system that can help you to keep a clean history of your project, collaborate with your team, and create your own online portfolio.
- 0.9 Hours of Video
- Certificate of Completion
- Project Files
- Closed Captions
- On-demand, 24/7 access
- 0.9 hours of video
- Certificate of completion
- Project files and PDF notes
- Closed captions
Anyone who has developed their own application knows that it takes time, and that things often go wrong. From accidentally breaking something that used to work perfectly, to a team member overwriting your working code, fixing mistakes can take valuable time that you don’t have to waste.
All of this can be prevented with Git – the version control system that allows you to keep a history of your file changes, and Github – a website where you can store projects, save important information, and collaborate with others on both closed and open source projects.
What you’ll learn
- Installing and configuring Git on all major Operating Systems
- The fundamentals of Version Control Systems and how Git works
- Git user actions – push, pull and commit
- Repositories – what they are, why you need them, and how to create them
- How to restore and update previous versions of your files
- Using Github to store and showcase your projects, and collaborate in teams
😄 Join 500,000+ Learners and Developers
Trusted by a global community of developers, Zenva has provided world-class training on in-demand programming skills since 2012.
Join the ranks of our successful alumni who have gone on to publish games and apps, advance their careers and start companies.
Unlock Your Completion Certificate
By completing any of our courses you’ll be awarded with a certificate with URL verification. Boost your LinkedIn profile with your newly acquired skills and impress potential employers and customers.
- Basic programming skills
OR access ALL Zenva courses with our subscription.
$4.99 the first month, then $9.99 / month