Version Control with Git and Github
Discover Git – the powerful version control system that can help you to keep a clean history of your project, collaborate with your team, and create your own online portfolio.
This title is part of the Full-Stack Web Development Mini-Degree
Anyone who has developed their own application knows that it takes time, and that things often go wrong. From accidentally breaking something that used to work perfectly, to a team member overwriting your working code, fixing mistakes can take valuable time that you don’t have to waste.
All of this can be prevented with Git – the version control system that allows you to keep a history of your file changes, and Github – a website where you can store projects, save important information, and collaborate with others on both closed and open source projects.
What you’ll learn
- Installing and configuring Git on all major Operating Systems
- The fundamentals of Version Control Systems and how Git works
- Git user actions – push, pull and commit
- Repositories – what they are, why you need them, and how to create them
- How to restore and update previous versions of your files
- Using Github to store and showcase your projects, and collaborate in teams
About the Full-Stack Web Development Mini-Degree
What Our Members Are Saying
- Basic programming skills