VR Development with Controllers
Learn how to create an application for VR hand tracked controllers that is compatible with all modern VR platforms.
- 2.1 Hours of Video
- Certificate of Completion
- Project Files
- Closed Captions
- On-demand, 24/7 access
- 2.1 hours of video
- Certificate of completion
- Project files and PDF notes
- Closed captions
Learn how to develop Virtual Reality applications that feature hand tracked controllers. From dragging the position and rotation of the controller, to accessing the controllers’ buttons to complete different actions, you will learn important development techniques that will take your VR apps to the next level. Importantly, this course features a cross-platform approach – by taking advantage of Unity’s natively supported features, this application will work on all of the main desktop and mobile VR platforms.
You will learn:
- Headset and controller tracking
- XR input mapping (registering which buttons are being pressed)
- How to adapt your project for
- Oculus Rift
- Oculus Go
- OpenVR compatible headsets (such as HTC Vive)
- Windows Mixed Reality
😄 Join 500,000+ Learners and Developers
Trusted by a global community of developers, Zenva has provided world-class training on in-demand programming skills since 2012.
Join the ranks of our successful alumni who have gone on to publish games and apps, advance their careers and start companies.
Unlock Your Completion Certificate
By completing any of our courses you’ll be awarded with a certificate with URL verification. Boost your LinkedIn profile with your newly acquired skills and impress potential employers and customers.
- Basic to intermediate Unity skills
- Requires Unity 2019.1 or higher
- This course covers the development of VR apps with hand-tracked controller support. To run the project you will need any of the following VR equipment: Oculus Rift, Oculus Go, GearVR, any OpenVR-compatible headset such as the HTC Vive, Windows Mixed Reality