VR Pointers – Space Station App
Create a reusable pointer and interaction system by building an immersive VR app about the International Space Station.
- 1.7 Hours of Video
- Certificate of Completion
- Source Code
- Closed Captions
- On-demand, 24/7 access
- 1.7 hours of video
- Certificate of completion
- Source code and PDF notes
- Closed captions
Giving players the opportunity to interact with their surroundings can play a key part in player immersion and enjoyment. Take your VR games and experiences to the next level by developing a reusable VR pointer and interaction system as you create an educational space experience about the International Space Station and its various components. The system created in this course can be used with hand tracked controllers on all the major platforms.
You will learn how to:
- Create interactable objects in VR
- Develop a VR pointer system
- Adapt the system for controllers, and for reticle (for gaze-based interactions)
- Work with different events
- Put it all together in a simple educational experience
Learn with Certified Instructors
This curriculum has been designed by a Unity Certified Instructor, in collaboration with Unity Certified Programmers, who have been recognized by Unity Technologies for their demonstrated excellence in Unity skills and teaching.
As an Authorized Learning Partner, Zenva's courses satisfy the highest standards in terms of both quality and relevancy.
Frameworks and tools covered: Unity 2019.1
😄 Join 500,000+ Learners and Developers
Trusted by a global community of developers, Zenva has provided world-class training on in-demand programming skills since 2012.
Join the ranks of our successful alumni who have gone on to publish games and apps, advance their careers and start companies.
Unlock Your Completion Certificate
By completing any of our courses you’ll be awarded with a certificate with URL verification. Boost your LinkedIn profile with your newly acquired skills and impress potential employers and customers.
- Intermediate Unity experience
- Unity 2019.1 or higher
- The VR controller support uses scripts from our VR Controller course. For a more in-depth understanding of how these scripts work it is recommended that you enroll in the Virtual Reality Mini-Degree
- To run the hand-tracked controller example you need VR hardware. A setup for Google Cardboard is provided as an alternative
- To run Google Cardboard apps you need an Android or iOS device