Web Scraping with Python and BeautifulSoup
Learn how to capture data from the web by scraping websites using Python and BeautifulSoup.
- 1.3 Hours of Video
- Certificate of Completion
- Project Files
- Closed Captions
- On-demand, 24/7 access
- 1.3 hours of video
- Certificate of completion
- Project files and PDF notes
- Closed captions
Gathering data from a web page is known as web scraping, and is typically performed either by fetching web page via URL and reading the data directly online, or by reading the data from a saved HTML file. Understanding web scraping is a skill crucial to anyone interested in data science or those just looking to obtain information from web pages.
This course covers:
- Downloading and installing the Python library BeautifulSoup
- Inspecting a web page to identify the relevant data
- Scraping and parsing the data using BeautifulSoup (formatting it into arrays and variables)
- Storing and sanitizing the data in a correctly formatted CSV sheet
- Reading from local HTML files instead of URLs
- How to read non-table data
😄 Join 500,000+ Learners and Developers
Trusted by a global community of developers, Zenva has provided world-class training on in-demand programming skills since 2012.
Join the ranks of our successful alumni who have gone on to publish games and apps, advance their careers and start companies.
Unlock Your Completion Certificate
By completing any of our courses you’ll be awarded with a certificate with URL verification. Boost your LinkedIn profile with your newly acquired skills and impress potential employers and customers.
- Basic knowledge of Python and Jupyter Notebook
OR access ALL Zenva courses with our subscription.
$4.99 the first month, then $9.99 / month